Here’s how we protect your privacy and data
LITEUP STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document sets out the terms and conditions upon which LiteUp will provide you Services and/or Products.
By arranging a Call Out by one of our staff, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Terms and Conditions were last modified on 19/06/19.
1.1 In these Terms and Conditions:
“Call Out” means a single on-site visit made by us for the purpose of providing Services and/or Products.
“Fees” means, for each Call Out, the applicable Call Out Fee plus the applicable Incremental Fee set out as per the LiteUp pricelist (available at www.liteup.co.nz/pricing) plus any Product fee/s
“Products” means any hardware, software or other products provided by us
“Services” means the on-site maintenance, support and/or consulting services reasonably requested by you and provided by us during a Call Out
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions
“we”, “us” or “our” refer to our business trading as ‘LiteUp’
“you” or “your” refers to the customer and employees, or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the customer that requested the Call Out.
2. CALL OUTS
2.1 Where you have arranged a call out, we will attend the premises at the arranged time to carry out the services requested by you.
2.2 Cancellations of call outs – You must inform us at least one hour before your appointment time if you need to cancel your visit. If you are not present at the time of the appointment you may be charged a cancellation fee of $70 incl GST.
3.1 We will invoice the chargeable fees within 24 hours of your appointment, and in some cases, can provide an invoice at the end of an appointment where straightforward pricing is involved.
3.2 You agree to pay the amount payable in full on or before the due date listed on the invoice.
3.3 Payments must be made by cash, bank transfer, EFTPOS or credit card.
3.4 If you do not pay on time, you must pay interest at the rate of 30% per annum, until the debt is paid in addition to any costs associated with debt collection costs.
4.1 At the beginning of each call out, we will attempt to diagnose the issue with your equipment as described by you and may provide an estimate or quote for remedy. We do not guarantee this estimate will be accurate.
4.2 You must provide us with the assistance, co-operation and information that we need to access the premises and equipment that we may reasonably require to undertake the services.
4.3 You, or any person over the age of 16 must be present for the duration of the appointment.
5. WARRANTY INFORMATION
5.1 We will always use reasonable care and skill while carrying out the services.
5.2 Products we provide and/or install will be subject to the manufacturer’s warranty
5.3 No warranty is given for Products where any failure or defect results from:
a) Improper storage or handling by you, your employees, agents or customers
b) Use, installation or modification of the Product/s that is in breach of the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines.
c) Fair wear and tear on the Product/s
d) Failure to maintain the Product/s as described by the manufacturer or us
5.4 You warrant that you are authorised to arrange each call out, and in our providing the Services or Product/s our access to the premises, use of equipment, software and information is not in breach of any 3rd party rights.
6.1 The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986 and other statutes may apply warranties and conditions or impose obligations upon us which cannot by law be excluded or modified. In respect of these implied warranties, conditions or terms imposed on us, our liability shall, where allowed, be excluded. If not able to be excluded, only apply the lesser of the minimum extent required by the relevant statute or the fees paid under invoice for the Product/s or Services.
6.2 Except as otherwise provided in clause 6.1 in no event will we be liable to you for:
a) Loss of profits, savings, goodwill or opportunity, loss or corruption of data
b) Loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever which is indirect, consequential or of a special nature, arising directly or indirectly from any Services or Product/s supplied by us to you.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
7.1 We will maintain as confidential and secret all information we obtain from you in providing the Services and will not use that information for any reason other than as necessary for providing the Services.
7.2 This obligation does not apply for information available in the public domain or that is known to us without breaching any obligation to you or that we are required to disclose by law.
7.3 You authorise us to collect, retain, use and provide to staff members of LiteUp any personal information about you for the purposes of credit approval, meeting our obligations to you and enforcing our rights against you.
7.4 We will take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure the storage of your data and content is secure and free of malware.
8.1 We may immediately terminate the agreement between us if we consider:
a) You are in breach of these terms and conditions
b) There is a threat to safety of our staff or agents
c) There is the presence of unlicensed or illegal software
d) Your equipment contains any pornographic, obscene, offensive or illegal content
e) You are insolvent, bankrupt, in liquidation or unable to pay your debts.
9. GENERAL INFORMATION
9.1 We are not liable if there is any breach, delay or failure resulting from Force Majeure or other Act of God.
9.2 A current copy of our Terms and Conditions are made available at liteup.co.nz/terms-and-conditions
9.3 The New Zealand law governs the formation, validity construction and performance of these Terms and Conditions.
10. REMOTE ACCESS
10.1 Remote access to your computer is conducted using Teamviewer software and our own Teamviewer agent.
10.2 We will never remotely access your computer without your prior consent. Our agent requires an operator to accept requests for remote control by default. Only with your prior permission will this be installed to allow unattended access.
10.3 TeamViewer traffic is secured using RSA public/private key exchange and AES (256-bit) session encryption. This technology is used in a comparable form for https/SSL and is considered completely safe by today’s standards.
This Policy applies to personal information submitted by you on this (www.liteup.co.nz) and other websites operated by LiteUp and to any information automatically retrieved during your visits to these websites.
All personal information collected from your use of the websites is held in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993.
We will not use any information collected about you from your use of the website referred to above unless you have actively agreed to it being used in a specific manner. We will not contact you to discuss a product or service unless you have expressly requested that contact.
We will not under any circumstances release, sell, publish, or give away personal information to any other person or organisation unless required by law or subject to the consent of the information supplier. Information obtained from website users may be collated and used for statistical purposes but will not identify the user in any way.
Only authorised employees of LiteUp are able to access your personal information.
Access to Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information held about you and your request will be granted unless there are reasonable grounds to deny access. If you consider any information held is inaccurate, you may ask for a correction and you may at any time ask to be removed from any mailing or distribution list on which, previously, you have asked to be included. Written requests for access, correction and removal should be made to: email@example.com
Our website records standard information such as time, date and URL of request (the web page you arrived from) via our web servers. This information is recorded by all web servers and is used to improve the functionality, structure and performance of our website. We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services and the use which visitors make of this website.
When you use the website, our server logs the following information, which is provided by your browser:
your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet) or your personal IP address
the type of browser and operating system you are using
the domain name of the referring site (e.g. the previous Site that you visited).
This information does not personally identify you. We analyse this non-personal information for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of the website users are visiting, which features or services are most popular, and to measure the effectiveness of advertising. We do not disclose information about individuals except for the reasons set out above.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Changes to our Policy
We may, at our discretion, update or revise this Policy from time to time. Any changes will take effect immediately once they are posted here, so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at LiteUp.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 548 387
Last Edited: 20/08/18
Updated: 7 April 2020
As a technical service provider, LiteUp is deemed an essential service by the NZ Government.
This means we can help all New Zealanders with any technical issues at home (as long as we do it remotely). We also have special provisions to go on-site at our essential service customers premises if required.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
· Needing to work from home? We can help with your technical requirements, whether that’s helping with remote work connections, setting up a home office or moving from your work desktop computer to a laptop.
· We have remote tech support facilities – many IT issues can be solved over the phone, and we can use remote access software to help you as if we’re in the same room!
· Business owner? Have a chat to us about how we can help you and your staff work remotely through “the cloud” and video meetings.
· Zero-Contact pick-up service for essential services only. We can organise a zero-contact pick-up/drop-off for computers in need of repair. We can collect the computer from you from your doorstep, and sanitize your computer on its receipt.
WHAT WE’RE DOING INTERNALLY:
· We are continuously aligning our response to be in line with guidelines set by public health authorities.
· We are no longer booking on-site appointments for the duration of the Level-4 Lockdown.
· We are conducting our internal meetings online and encouraging remote support options
· We have equipped ourselves with hand sanitiser and alcohol wipes that are used before and after appointments, as well as reinforcing handwashing.
· Any computers that come to us for repair will be cleaned and sanitised upon arrival and again before its return to you.
· We’re working with our suppliers in regards to new devices. Many high-demand devices such as webcams and laptops are out of stock, however we’ll update customers on a case-by-case basis with options that are available.
Thanks for doing your part for the community and helping stop the spread of COVID-19 ❤️
LITEUP FACEBOOK COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TP-LINK BULB PROMO 22 JUNE 2020
By entering LiteUp’s Facebook competitions, each participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all New Zealand residents aged 16 years and over.
- The competition runs from 11am 22nd June 2020 to 10am 6 July 2020.
- To enter, participants must: Like the LiteUp Facebook page, and ‘tag’ someone in the comments field who they nominate to win a Smart Bulb. They can tag you back and you’ll be in the draw too.
- Entries must be received between 11am 22nd June 2020 to 10am 6 July 2020 inclusive. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. LiteUp will take no responsibility for late entries or entries not received.
- The winner will be drawn by random draw from the eligible entries, using the software Woobox, on 6 July 2020. LiteUp’s decision in relation to any part of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is 1x TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb (Value of $69 NZD). The prize is not transferable and not exchangeable for cash.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook. within one (1) day of the draw taking place. If LiteUp, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winning participant within five (5) business days of the prize being drawn, then the prize is forfeited and a further draw will be conducted. LiteUp reserve the right to use the name and details of any winner of any prize for publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation. By entering this competition, the participant consents to their name and details being used for any such publicity without any further reference, payment or other compensation. The winner may be asked to provide proof of identity prior to being declared the winner.
- Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- LiteUp is collecting your details only for the purpose of this competition. You may request access to and correct any personal information that we hold about you at any time.
- By entering this competition via LiteUp’s Facebook page, you acknowledge that this promotion and/or any future promotions featured on the LiteUp Facebook page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and you fully release Facebook from any liability or responsibility for the competition. LiteUp reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions and cancel the promotion at any time, at its sole discretion, without further notice.
- No responsibility is taken by LiteUp or its employees or contractors for lost, misdirected, incorrect or other unsuccessful attempts to enter or for any lost or misdirected prizes.
- To the extent permitted by law, LiteUp is not responsible or liable for:
- inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
- any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
- any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by LiteUp, or its employees or contractors, in ion with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner;
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of LiteUp or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.